Brother MFCJ6710DW Business Inkjet All-in-One Printer with 11-Inch x 17-Inch Duplex Printing, 11-Inch x 17-Inch Scan Glass & Dual Paper Trays Review

Brother MFCJ6710DW Business Inkjet All-in-One Printer with 11-Inch x 17-Inch Duplex Printing, 11-Inch x 17-Inch Scan Glass and Dual Paper Trays
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I purchased this unit because of the 11X17 size and the All-In-One. Before I purchased I took a letter size photograph to the store and did a copy and printed it at "Best" and on "Glossy". I noticed horizontal banding (portrait) in the bottom 2 inches of the photograph. Remember in a photograph frequently the complete photograph would be in color as this one. I thought because it was in the store it may have received rough treatment - I purchased a new unit anyway.
Brought the unit home and carefully unwrapped it and set it up. Before I connected it to a computer I did the same test with the same photograph and sure enough it has identical banding of lighter streaks in the same general area. I called Brother and was advised to clean the platen and run the ink cleaning 5 times. Did this and got the same thing. I then tried to copy the photograph by reversing it and got the same thing. After this I tried several different things in making the copy and always with the same problem.
Called back Brother and they moved me up the chain and spent some time with this "expert" with no avail. He said he would take it higher and call me back the same day - this is now two days later and no calls.
One additional item after cleaning 5 times and running copies of the same photograph 10 times, I ran out of ink. At the cost of ink I figured that each color photograph was costing around $4.00 more or less.
I decided the inability of the printer to print solid photographs plus the no call back from Brother simply made the printer not something I wanted - returned it to the store for a full refund.
I would assume if you were not doing photographs or whole pages of color it would do its job very well but since that was one of the main purposes I wanted the printer for - it simply would not work.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Brother MFCJ6710DW Business Inkjet All-in-One Printer with 11-Inch x 17-Inch Duplex Printing, 11-Inch x 17-Inch Scan Glass & Dual Paper Trays



Buy NowGet 17% OFF

Click here for more information about Brother MFCJ6710DW Business Inkjet All-in-One Printer with 11-Inch x 17-Inch Duplex Printing, 11-Inch x 17-Inch Scan Glass & Dual Paper Trays

0 comments:

Post a Comment